Profile Your Perfect Neighborhood
Before you start scrutinizing neighborhoods, turn the magnifying glass back on yourself. Think about what you're really looking for in a new neighborhood. Remember, you'll probably have to make compromises, so put the "must-haves" at the top and the "would- like-to-haves" at the bottom. Not sure what fits your lifestyle?
Do you have children or are you planning to have children anytime soon?
- Parents know that the first thing to do when looking at a neighborhood is to research the school system. Even if you're single, living in an area with a much sought-after school system raises your property value. If you have kids, you'll also want to live close to parks and community centers.
What type of home do you want?
- Are you interested in a single-family home or an apartment, townhouse or co-op?
How far are you willing to commute?
- Do you plan to drive, walk or take mass transit to work? Do you have a car or would you be willing to get one?
Do you want to be in a historic neighborhood or a new development?
- Historic neighborhoods have tons of character, but often require lots of repair work and are governed by community associations with strict standards. Newer developments have more modern features, but are typically far from the city center.
What is your current community lacking?
- If you're currently landlocked, but have always wanted to live on the waterfront, put that at the top of your list. If you're a coffee junkie, having a Starbucks down the street may be a dream come true.
Do you want to be able to go places on foot?
- Would you like to be within walking distance of shops, restaurants and bars? Or would you be willing to drive to nearby businesses?
Think about what you don't want in a neighborhood, too.
- If you can't stand late-night noise, you'll probably want to steer clear of the college area or an area with a lively bar scene.
Here's a list of homes in a few neighborhoods
Sneads Ferry, NC
Maple Hill, NC
Surf City, NC
Holly Ridge, NC
Still Have Questions or Want to See More Neighborhoods?
Have you found your perfect neighborhood or want to explore more? Take advantage of our helpful resources or contact us today, we can assist with all your real estate questions.